Friday, July 10, 2009

312.1715

You know what that is? That is the phone number that I've had since 1999....when a small town girl from Barling, Arkansas moved to the big city of Little Rock! I was already working in Little Rock, but commuted every day from Conway. Little Rock was just too dangerous, too scary, too expensive for me! Yup, I liked Conway! Where all the bills are rolled into one pretty package paid straight to Conway Corp. BUT, the commute got old, and I had made new LR friends. I was staying in LR after work till bout 10 pm every night and then coming back to LR on the weekends. It just didn't make sense to stay in Conway.

So I bit the bullet and moved! West Side Creek apartments. I remember the first night I moved in. Absolutely NO furniture! I slept on the floor of the living room on top of a comforter. I was so freaked out by every single noise. I couldn't sleep and couldn't wait for morning to come, for all my new furniture to be delivered! Finally a place all my own! It was the best! I could decorate any way I wanted too, all 4 shelves in the pantry were mine, i could wake up early or late and wouldn't be interfering with anyone else's shower schedule! It was awesome! This is when my new number was assigned to me. Anyone that called THIS number was calling for me! Just me! And it's stayed with me through marriage and 2 kids! I'm kind of sad to be letting it go. But since we hardly ever use our home phone anymore, it seems a waste to be paying $50 a month just to have a land line.

So I bid you farewell 312.1715! You've been good to me...so good to me, but it's time to move on!!!! I kind of have a hankering to call it and hang up every now and then to see who the lucky person was to get it! Is that stalkerish? Geez, I've got issues!!!

No comments: