
My friend Melissa bought this book for one of my baby showers when I was pregnant with Pierson. Basically here is the Amazon.com Review:
The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed.
While Melissa sat in my cube, anticipating my reaction to this loving book, I seriously,laughed out loud and told her 'Melissa! That is the weirdest book ever! This lady is a FREAK!' I just couldn't understand that close of a bond with anyone. Cut to my first baby. What is this feeling? I mean...I've loved before? I love Jason. I love pizza. I love coke icees. I love the smell of new clothes. But now is when I truly understood the word love. The first time I looked into P's eyes, I was in LOVE! The kind of love that you want to shout from the roof tops! How do you love someone, THAT MUCH, that you have just met! I catch myself at work, looking at pictures of my kids just thinking awww! I love them! I stop people walking by my cube and make them look at pictures of my kids! People will tell me, 'I'm so in love with my husband' to my response...'Oh, just wait till you have kids!' They are soo funny, so cuddly, so sweet, soo perfect!
So then it hits me, 'Did my parents feel this way?' And I realize how I've taken THEIR love for granted. They HAD to have felt this same way! So now every time I think my mom is crazy....She doesn't know anything..She just doesn't understand..I fast forward to the future and see Carson and Pierson thinking the same thing about me. And I remind myself..she is me. She knows exactly how I'm feeling and how much love and worry and stress and fun and joy I'm going through! She's been through all of this before and instead of rolling my eyes at her advice, I might should just listen, not because its good advice(lol! b/c it's probably not!), but because she LOVES me...like I LOVE them!
1 comment:
I love them too!!!!
Post a Comment