After picking P up from school today, he asked me if he could listen to his Mickey Mouse Christmas Carols cd. Having had enough of hearing Pluto bark (yes the whole song is him barking) to the tune of 'O Christmas Tree', I told him, 'Mommy is driving and won't be able to reach the cd. So lets just listen to what's already in the cd player.' Then P leans over and sees a cd case, which he thinks is my music's cd case, but in reality.....you guessed it....it's the Mickey Mouse cd cover with the Mickey cd in it!
Here is how the convo went:
P: 'Can I see the music box (cd cover) to your music?'
Me: 'What music box?'
P: 'That one right there..in front of you...right there!'
Me: Crap...that's mickey! 'Look at that car over there honey..what color is that car'
P: 'What car? No... I talking to you bout something..that music box..can i see it?'
Me: Shoot! He's not easily distracted! Where is the Christmas lawn decor when you need it! With one hand on the wheel and one hand in my lap I say..'I'm driving I can't get to it.'
P: 'Yes you can..Use that hand in your lap!'
Me: Dag, this kid is perceptive...I put both hands on the wheel now. 'No, look both hands are driving now...see...I can't get it.'
P: 'Yes you can..but i know you know how to drive with one hand...do it mommy!'
Luckily at this point, we've reached our destination and I tell him he can look at it some other time. Mental Note: Hide that CD tonight!
1 comment:
that's great! don't you hate it when our kids are smarter than we are??
Post a Comment