Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring Program



Pierson had his spring program last Friday at school. This was our first program to ever be a part of! I was sooo very excited to see him on stage, and to see what the kids had in store for us. We first heard about his practices, back in January, so they have been working really hard on it for months!

Growing up, my parents never went to any of my school, church, or choir programs. My mom worked 2 jobs and could never make it, and we owned a gas station that was open late, so my dad didn't attend either. I am bound and determined to make EVERY program my kids are in! 

I had no clue what to expect. There were programs in each seat, and as I sat down and picked one up to read, to my surprise Pierson had a solo part! He was the one to come out front and say 'Welcome to our program!' He had been saying this at home, but I just assumed it was the whole class doing it together! He did such a great job! I was so proud!


Pierson's solo!
It was so cute when all the kids came out....seeing their excitement to see their parents and grandparents. Pierson did this cute thing where he was excited, but then hid it by pretending like he was yawning! It was adorable.


As the kids each came up in their groups to sing, I realized I was one of those moms. You know who sit in the audience and do the hand movements along with the kids to try to help them remember to do them. It's so funny to see that come out of me! Who would have thought!? (Well okay, maybe not THAT surprising!)

Here is baby sister with Grammy cheering on big brother!! GO PIERSON!!!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh how sweet! My little P is growing up! I've gotta get over there and see the kiddies! :-D

Nancy said...

I always knew you were that mom!