Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Icee



I love Coke Icee's! Some would even say I'm an Icee connoisseur! Okay, maybe no one has said that, but I definitely have had enough coke Icee's to claim it! I was thinking last night about how much I love these tasty frozen drinks and how the exact same product is different depending on where you are. So I thought I'd give a run down of my favorite and not so favorite Icee spots! Disclaimer: This is only my opinion. I don't want the whole Oprah Mad Cow thing happening to me! This is all opinion!


Big Red Valero on Chenal: Great Icee! Always can feel the 'burn' when you swallow! Like a good strong coke!
Sams Club on Bowman: Same thing as the Valero! Always strong, always good, and added bonus, it's a bargain!! You get a huge cup for only $1.18!
Walmart on Bowman: You have to go to the Subway inside the walmart here to get your Icee...flat, syrupy and a lot more expensive. Price jumps to almost $2.20 here! A whole dollar more than what you could get next door!
Chenal 9 on Chenal: Yes! They serve Icee's here! At a movie theater!!? FUN!!! Unfortunately at $5 a pop, I could not justify buying one of these frosty treats here.
Burger King on Chenal: I can not really judge their Icee's b/c every time I stop they tell me the freaking Icee machine is broken! Hello!?! Take if off the menu or fix the machine! This is getting ridiculous! (Can you tell I have a little bit of pent up anger about it!)
Burger King on Markham by Red Lobster: Very good! Always a pleaser!
Exxon in Maumelle on Carnahan: I want to say that they have generic Icee's here, b/c the sign says frozen cola...not coke, so my opinion was biased to start. Not the best.
EZ-Mart on Woodrow across from the Blind school: Ahhh...what to say about this place...the service stands out more than the drink. Here they had no 'special Icee cups' you know the ones with the rounded lids? Then I proceed to pay and ask for a lid and the ANGRY cashier grabs my Icee and squishes on a regular coffee cup lid onto my cup to make it fit. At this point, Icee has overflowed all over my cup and made a complete mess, not to mention a sticky cup. When I ask the angry cashier if i can get another cup to put over my sticky, messy cup, she proceeds to tell me yes, but i have to pay 50 cents for it! For an empty cup? The only reason i need another cup is because, YOU, ANGRY CASHIER, made a complete mess of my original cup!!! ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!?? I have no words!
Exxon on cantrell down the street from Dillards: Yum! Great, 'strong' Icee's every time! YOU.CAN.NOT.GO.WRONG.HERE!


So there it is! My list of Icee Hot and Not-SO-HOT spots! Random I know, but to all who do know me it would make perfect sense. OF COURSE I would have a mental list of good Icee spots!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You crack me up!!!!

Cynthia said...

You would!

Little Oak Table said...

Awe.Freakin.Some.

Awesome I say!

AND EDUCATIONAL. HILARIOUS. WE LIKE TO DO COKE RUNS. LOAD UP THE BUS AFTER DINNER AND RANDOMLY YELL, "COKE RUN!" THEN WE GO SOMEPLACE TO GET A COKE. GAS STATION, CRACKER BARRELL, IT DOENSN'T MATTER...THIS POST MAKES ME THINK WE WILL SEARCH FOR A GREAT LOCAL ICEE.