Saturday, March 7, 2009

Busy Day!

Today we had Carson's ONE year pictures taken. Phom Sisoukrath from www.phomphotography.com came over to take the pictures. First he took a few pictures of Pierson, then we did some family poses, and last but not least we finished off with Carson pictures. The kids did pretty good, but about 30 minutes into it they both were DONE. Good news is, Phom is a great photographer and he got some really good shots! I can't wait to share!

After pictures and lunch, we decided to go to the zoo! On top of free admission day to Little Rock Zoo, it was BEAUTIFUL weather today! So we packed up the kiddos and were on our way! The zoo was crazy packed! It was like going to the fair or something! There was barely room to move, congestion EVERYWHERE! I was beginning to re-think the whole zoo outing when we circled 3 lots just to find a parking spot! Never fear, Jason found us a pretty close spot and we headed inside.  As we walked through the doors, the first thing Pierson saw was Spider Monkeys. He was soo excited and starting yelling and laughing at the 'silly monkeys'! It was so cute! At this point I knew it was going to be a FUN trip. Pierson got to see gorillas, turtles, lions, giraffes, elephants, rhinoceros, a python snake, zebras, leopards and monkeys! He had a great time and Carson loved just being rolled around in the stroller outside. 

On our way home, we decide to stop and get an Icee and drive on over to Fellowship church and let the kids play on the playground for a bit. They have so much fun on that playground out there! All in all, the kids had a wonderful day and we were able to enjoy the warm weather. Carson is now taking a nap, Jason just fell asleep next to me on the couch and I'm hoping to get a nap in too. Too bad the energizer bunny a.k.a. Pierson is not tired at all and sitting next to me waiting for me to finish so I can go play with him. (Insert sigh!) Oh well! I probably wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I took a nap this late in the day anywho!

1 comment:

Little Oak Table said...

ya'll were brave to go to the zoo!!!

can't wait to see the pictures!