Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday CAR-CAR


It's been 365 DAYS. 52 WEEKS. 12 MONTHS but whose counting? ME! Yes me! Carson is one today and although I am not an 'emotional' kind of gal, I AM a roller coaster of emotions today! I am sooo happy that my beautiful baby girl is growing and learning and hitting major milestones. No more formula, no more bottles, no more baby food! But also, I am crying (inside) that she is growing up soo fast. No way a year has gone by together with her! It just doesn't seem fair for them to grow so fast!

This is my favorite age too. From about 3 months till 18 months, these kids are little angels. Just watching her pick up blocks, put them in a bin and then throw them out one by one, like she is searching for something is sooo cute to me! So much determination in what she is doing. Learning so much everyday. She doesn't even know how much joy she brings to all our lives!

It's crazy how you didn't know something was missing in your life. How did we live without her before? Or without Pierson? What was life like before kids? They are amazing! I feel God's love is not shown in any better way than having children. That's the only way I can relate it. I love the bible verse: Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

So, as I wrap up my baby girl's FIRST birthday I reflect on the blessings God has given me and my family and I thank HIM for it and pray to never take those small moments for granted because they go by WAY to fast! I LOVE LIFE! I LOVE GOD! I LOVE MY FAMILY! Here are some pictures of her birthday party!

PRESENTS!!

Big brother making me wait..Aww MAN!

Let's go get cake everybody!


Mmm! My first taste of icing..I think I'm in love!


Worn out, after my big day..(yawn!)

No comments: