Monday, August 9, 2010

School Supplies---revisited!

Ok...everyone knows how much I LOVE school supplies! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I know, I've blogged ALL about it..blah blah blah. But truth beknownest....school supply shopping isn't fun. That's right..i said ISN'T! As in IS NOT! AT.ALL!!! Let me explain:

P starts kindergarten this year. I was soo excited to get that school suppy list! COULD.NOT.WAIT! FINALLY I have a legitimate reason for me to be in the school supply aisle! But you know what...let me tell you a little secret....It sucks! Really it does! You think you are going to get to buy so much fun stuff, but you don't! These schools give you specific lists of things you need, very specific brands, colors, types! You don't get to choose anything! The funnest thing i got to pick was a back pack! Seriously! They even tell you what color folders you can get! Could i get the Transformers folder?? NO! How bout the Jonas Bros notebook?? (ok, that may be more for me) but NO! I had to get plain red, blue, yellow and green! I'm telling you! I went to 3 walmarts, a target and Hobby Lobby to look for something called 'Pentel oil pastel set'. Yeah! 5 Stores!! You do not understand the excitement relief I had to contain when i finally found it at Hobby Lobby! It was like the clouds from heaven opened up and i could hear...'HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!!! I had to keep from doing a touchdown dance in the aisles!

I am still searching for whatever 'Fiskar safety scissors not the squeeze type' are. I mean...don't you squeeze all scissors? If any of ya'll know, please feel free to comment. And seriously..why do we have to buy 6 boxes of 8 count crayons for 97 cents a box, when 1 box of 24 crayons are 25 cents a box. I mean really?? That doesn't sound fiscally responsible to me!! And my big question is...are we allowed to buy extra stuff that is not on the list? Or is that a no-no? Because I saw a pencil case that has my Pierson's name ALL over it!

Sigh..soo...there ya have it...my little piece of happy...ripped away from me! Will I still browse the school supply aisle...OH YEAH! Most definitely...its just i won't have the excuse to buy the fun stuff like i thought i would.

On a happier note...here are some fun new things i found. Like the new mechanical pencils that look like real pencils....GENIUS!!


And look at this!! The Texas Instruments graphing calculators, now come in color!!! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! How cute!! I'm eyeing that bright pink one, even though I would not know what to do with it besides figure out how much of a dillards discount I would get when I do my shopping!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Anyone that has known you for nanosecond, knows of your obsession with school supplies! The truth of your long awaited school supply shopping adventure is just too funny!