Thursday, August 19, 2010

Welcome to K5!!

Well, the day finally arrived! Tuesday morning, August 18th, 2010..my one and only baby boy started kindergarten!! My little man was so excited about his new school!! Seven AM while J and I are getting ready in the bathroom, P comes busting in exclaiming..'Guess whose going to kindergarten today!!! ME ME ME!!' As we look at each other and comment on how our kid is a weirdo (j/k) we tell him to go to his room and get dressed and get ready. As usual, he is nonstop talking about his new school and everything else under the sun. 

As I snapped away pictures of his momentous occasion, he was embarrassed and ready for me to put the camera away. I had to reassure him, and show him how EVERY ONES parents were taking pictures and that this was not embarrassing. (His dad had put the idea of this being embarrassing in his head the night before..so thanks J!)  The day was soo fun and exciting! It reminded me of the 1st day of college, when the SOS (student orientation staff) at UCA were all outside welcoming in the new incoming students! Jr. High and High school kids were doing the same for the Elementary kids! Everyone was saying welcome to school!! Older kids were passing out granola bars to the little kids! Parents with cameras at every turn! GOOD TIMES!

We walked P into his class, showed him where his hook was to hang his backpack, and then went to his desk where a name tag and picture and crayons were ready for him to color. I snapped a few more pictures and P turned to me and asked...'Why are you still here?' I responded..'i'm just hanging out with you for a little bit!' He was ready for me to go! I gave a one arm hug and waved good bye, walked out the door turned around and blew him a kiss! Not one tear from either of us!! He is such a big boy and am so excited for him and his new adventure!!


Enough with the pictures mom!!

Great photo opp!!

P's desk and first K5 assignment!

After school pickup! Had a great day!


No comments: