Thursday, February 25, 2010

Party Preparation....

This weekend is C's 2nd birthday party! My little baby angel will be turning 2! Seems unreal how fast time flies! So I decided to put my craftiness to work and make the party gifts for her guests. My sewing skills were put to good use, as I sewed all the kids a monogrammed t-shirt with their names on it! It actually ended up being a really cute/affordable party favor for the kids. I found the t-shirts at Walmart, and bought a bunch of scrap fabrics to sew on the circle and the initial.






Next, I had to think of a cute way to wrap them. I was going to tie some ribbon around it with a label with the childs name on it and a picture of some balloons or something, but I came across a super cute picture in clip-art of a little girl. So with a couple of tips from a crafty friend (Brandi), we changed the girl up to look like Car-car! Changed the color of her dress/hair/shoes/bows..etc! My friend Melissa blogged about it on her blog. If  you want step by step instructions to ever do it for your child click HERE It was super easy, and really fun! Here is the outcome of the labels.






See it looks like Car-Car holding a balloon!!!

 And then here are the shirts all wrapped with the label and ribbon.



Last but not least. The banner! Another friend (Cynthia) made this cute banner for her son's birthday party with a bunch of card stock in the party theme colors. So I set out to do the same. Car-cars party colors are purple and green, so i went on a search for purple and green card stock paper. Everywhere I went, you could only find the multi color packs...which were about $12, and it wouldn't even have enough pages of the 2 colors I needed, so I would have to buy 2 packs of multi color paper. $24 for a hand made banner? No thanks!  So I went to the copy center of Office Depot, to see if they had the colors I needed to purchase them individually. EUREKA!! They sure did! Venus Violet and Martian Green! 24 sheets of each color please!! At 7 cents per page, this only cost me about $3.50 for the paper.




So I cut out big circles for the letters.



Then I went on a hunt for a cute, girlsy font! The font I found is called Action is Shaded. So cute! So i blew them up and printed them out on the remaining colored paper. Alternating the letters on alternating colors of paper. Cut the letters, glued to the circles, punched holes in the circles and voila! Actually my friend Cynthia punched the holes, because I didn't feel secure in doing this step! I ended up using the same ribbon to tie the banner together that i used for the shirts to make the banner look more girly. I think it turned out super cute! So there it is! 


All my party preparations! I'll update ya'll more with party pics soon!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'll never be this crafty. Thank goodness I have a boy!