Tuesday, February 23, 2010

'Do you know Jimmy Choo?'

This is what I hear on the other end of the phone line talking with my mom last night! Here is how the conversation went:

Mom: 'Do you know of a Jimmy Choo?' 'There is this lady at my work that is selling Jimmy Choo bags for $45! Should I get it? Do you think they are good bags!!'

Me: 'Mom. If its a Jimmy Choo bag for $45, you know that is fake right? There is no way you are buying a real Jimmy Choo for $45!'

Mom: 'Well what do you think? Do you think they are good bags? Do you think it's pretty? Do you think i should get it?

Me: 'MOM! I don't know what this bag looks like? I'm sure Jimmy has hundreds of bags out there? How do i know if its cute or not?'

Mom: 'I know! My friend knows how to send pictures through her phone!  Have you heard of that? How bout i tell her to send you a picture tomorrow, and if you think its cute, then i'll get it!'

Me: 'Okay, mom! Just send me a picture. If you don't mind walking around with a knock-off, then fine by me!'


Here is the picture of the purse she mailed me

My mom is crazy hilarious! She is one of those people that sees an infomercial and HAS to have the product right away! I don't know how many times she has called me and asked me my opinion on buying something on tv. And her tried and true excuse is that a dr. or something on tv recommended it so you know it's got to be good!

Example number 1:

Have you ever heard of the Hula Chair? It is supposed to be an exercise product. You sit there and the chair spins and spins and is supposed to be working your abs! Here is a link to the Hula Chair so you can see how my mom falls for any kind of gimmick! Hula Chair  She seriously has this at her house. It is the ugliest chair, weighs like a zillion pounds and seriously makes me seasick. The kids like to climb all over this thing. That is basically all it's good for. Gotta love MOMS! They are so cute!




No comments: