Thursday, September 10, 2009

Writers Block

Okay, okay...So I know I haven't posted in a while, but I really haven't had like any BIG news or anything funny to post about. I guess it's writers block! Or maybe my life really is just THAT boring! Well here are some random things that have happened that I decided to throw together, so at least I will have one post this week!


  • Carson had her 18 month pictures last Saturday and she looked soo cute! Keep checking back! As soon as Phom gives me the disk, I will post her cute pictures. I couldn't decide on what I wanted her to wear so we did 3...yes 3 wardrobe changes! Thanks so much to Phom for not caring and putting up with my inability to make a decision!

  • We went to the first Razorback game this weekend with our good friend Patrick. We had a great time, the weather was nice, the Hogs won, and we love hanging out with Patrick. It's so funny to me how similar Jason and Patrick's personalities are! It's like Patrick is the non-angry version of Jason! We know how short Jason's temper can be!

  • Everyone knows how obsessed I am with Matilda Jane clothing. If you don't know, matilda jane makes all these quirky little dresses, ruffley pants etc. that are handmade and very hard to find. She had her first on-line sale a while back and had like 5000 hits in the first 30 minutes. Not a lot of people know about it, but the ones that do, are obsessed like me. You can now buy stuff from her platinum line on-line, but before...you could only order the clothes through 'trunk keepers'. Kind of like avon, mary kay..like that. ANYWHO...I read her blog every day and sometimes she has contests where she will ask you a question and if you leave a comment she will pick like 4 or 5 people to win something from her clothing line. Usually about 350 people or so leave comments, so I never anticipate to actually be picked. Saturday morning I check her blog and whose name appears as a winner! MEMEMEMEMEMEME! This is sooo exciting for me! Although I love all her clothes, I can't really afford to buy a $50 dress for my 18 month old that she will wear for only 6 months. It's just not fiscally responsible. So even though i want all of Carson's gear to be matilda jane..I only have a few pieces. So now I'm waiting on my free clothing item to come in the mail!! I'm sooo pumped!

  • Another one of my new obsessions is Etsy. Handmade unique clothes for Carson again. Well I discovered little leggings for toddlers! They are soo freaking cute, I ended up getting Carson 5 pairs! They last from NB to 8 years old and she can even wear them under t-shirts on her arms to make it look like she has long sleeves underneath! I mean...NB to 8 years old...thats basically an investment..how could i NOT get 5 pairs right?

  • C had her 18 month appointment monday and our dr suggested she switch from 2% to skim milk! This is funny bc at her 15 month appt, our dr then suggested she switch from whole to 2% milk. I actually don't think she is big at all and really don't want my chunky chunk to be a skinny stick! Jason says Carson can blame me for the diet milk, b/c when the nurse first weighed her she came up as 28lbs and 4 oz...i put in my two sense and suggested we re-weigh her b/c I didn't think she was that heavy. Low and behold the scale came back 28lbs and 13oz! Ooops!!

  • P and C play so well together now. I love to watch them play and hear them laugh. I am not perfect and Jason is by no means perfect ;) so it just amazes me how God has blessed us with these perfect little kids! Don't get me wrong, I know they have their flaws...like how wild and loud Pierson is...but in MY EYES they are the perfect kids for me!

No comments: