Two funny stories:
First...
Pierson's last day of regular school ended on a Thursday and he had to be
picked up by 3:00. I normally do not get there until 3:45 so Jason had to pick
him up for me that day. Every day when I pick Pierson up from school he tells
me he wants some McDonalds, because it's right next door and you can always
smell the fries. I, being a healthy mom, say 'No, not today...' Well Jason
ended up surprising P and when he asked he said 'Yes!' They proceeded to go
through the drive thru and get a $1 sundae. P was soo excited about this..He
said, 'McDonald's has ice cream???' See he has never had ice cream at
McDonalds, so he never knew about this! Then when I went to pick him up from
Jason's work he comes running out yelling...'Did you know McDonald's has ice
cream?' and when i said, 'Yes I did!' He was shocked and asked 'How you know
that mommy!!!? how you know Mcdonalds has ice cream??' It's so fun to me to
see the amazement in children at the smallest things. And how easy it is for
us to forget that they are 4 and don't have the life experience that we have
as adults to see the wonder and amazement in such small things!
Second...
My mom came down to keep Pierson this week, since his school was out for a
week break. Pierson woke up every morning like clockwork at 5:45 am! I told
him..'Pierson...new rule...You need to stay in bed until we come and get you!'
and he proceeds to explain to me..'I can't stay in bed and wait for you guys,
because you don't wake up...you sleep the whole time, and I'm ready to
play..don't you know? You guys NEVER wake up..the sun is shiny..you guys need
to wake up!!!' Insert me with a straight face, 'Pierson we don't wake up
because you are waking up earlier than we have to wake up to even go to work!
Okay, the sun is out but it is 5:45 in the morning! You can sleep for at least
2 more hours!!!' Why is the grass always greener on the other side? Kids get
to have naps and sleep all the time and they don't enjoy it. And we, who would
LOVE to get a nap and sleep in, don't have the luxury to take them!
Ahhh...irony!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment