This weekend we took the kids to the pumpkin patch. With all this rainy weather, P's school field trip to the pumpkin patch was cancelled...TWICE! So first thing Saturday morning, we all bundled up (weather channel said it was 47 degrees outside) and headed to the country! Once we got there we noticed the pumpkin patch was..well..under water. FLOODED you may say! On the bright side, we did get in at a discounted price! 
(If you look behind P you can see how flooded the pumpkin patch is)
We all took a hay ride on the tractor, and although we couldn't go the route intended due to all the flooding, I think the kids still had a good time. The pumpkin patch was also flooded so they had picked about 30 or so pumpkins out of the water and had them sitting on the side if you wanted one of those. They had a hay bale maze that Pierson LOVED and ran through about 15 times. It was really easy for the adults, but if you are under 4ft and can't see over the top, i can understand how it would be more fun! Carson was intrigued with the goats and pigs and loves being outside no matter what.
Later on in the afternoon we headed to City Fest. We were hoping P would be able to see the BMX riders and all their stunts, but didn't quite make it out there in time. The kids did get to see the Veggie Tales show and we got to enjoy the awesome fall weather!
Sunday we had a fish fry at our Aunt Jayne and Uncle Carls house. Mmmm...real french fries fried in oil! WHAT A TREAT! You know we don't have stuff like that at our house...those fries go straight into the oven. I remember the first time Jason and I were going to fry up chicken. Jason had pulled out the fire extinguisher, baking soda, extra lids...all the things you would need to put out a grease fire! I was like...uhm...what is all this for?! (Obviously he had some kind of traumatic experience with frying when he was younger so basically that was the only time in our 8 years of marriage that we 'deep fried' anything.)
After we filled up on all the good food..(thanks aunt Jayne and uncle Carl!) we headed to the fall carnival at C's school. Although it was C's school, seemed to me that P was having ALL the fun! There were games like the football toss, duck pond, ring toss, bean bag toss...He was so excited about winning candy at the end of each and every game. He would come running back to us screaming...'I WON MOMMY! I WON!!' I couldn't bear to tell him you win candy no matter what! It was just a great family weekend! I love being outdoors in this weather and I love to see the joy in p&c's faces over the little things! Stay tuned! Next weekend is even MORE busy with all the Halloween festivities!
No comments:
Post a Comment