Wednesday, October 7, 2009

YIKERS!!!

LICE OUTBREAK IN P'S CLASS!!! WIDESPREAD PANIC EVERYONE!! Oh my gosh! If I were a cussing kind of gal, this is where the "F" bomb would be appropriate....BUT I'm not, so we'll just say..CRAP!

Ok okay..and when I say outbreak I really meant there is just ONE case of confirmed lice, but still, one case might as well be the whole class to me! I have been checking P's head like a mad woman! Googling pictures of lice, treatment, preventive measures etc... GROSS.ME.OUT! So far we are in the clear. WHEW!


I found out that lice are:
a.) More attracted to CLEAN hair than dirty! (Maybe we should stop bathing the kids? hmm...)
b.) They DON'T jump from head to head...(i always thought they did).
c.) They seem to grow resistant to the pesticides used to kill them, so they come back again and again in   some cases. (Great..SUPER LICE! insert rolling eyes)
d.) They do not lay eggs or live in animal hair. (hmm..i wonder why?)
e.) And that they dislike the smell of tea tree oil. (DING DING DING!)

They dislike the aroma of tea tree oil! What does this mean? We are working the defense ba-by! My kids shampoo is no longer Johnson's and Johnson's baby shampoo, but some organic shampoo with tea tree oil that Jason found at Target. Then to top it, I found Paul Mitchell has created a Tea Tree line of hair products, so we top off the hair with tea tree leave in conditioner! Hopefully this will keep the rodents away! And to be completely honest? Carson's hair is really looking better than ever! That tea tree really does it for her curls! Okay, enough talk of head rodents for now...My head is itchy all over, so i gotta stop thinking about this!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You're so funny, but THAT is so SCARY! Why do we need to have lice in this world? Do they serve a purpose?

Brandi said...

lol! i use the paul mitchell shampoo (actually it's the generic brand from sally's) for my itchy scalp. didnt know i was keeping away lice too!

Little Oak Table said...

good work on finding tea tree hair products for the bambino!!!