Okay, sorry for the little hiatus, but after 5 long years of NO vacation, Jason and took the leap! We never traveled with Pierson when he was a baby. Not once! Just figured it would be too much work...to hard...not worth the hassle. Well..YOU go 5 years without a vacation and see what happens! Year after year, summer after summer, hearing all about peoples travels, beach trips, luxurious get always! Cabin Fever I TELL YOU!
I mean..just because you have kids, doesn't mean you can't vacation anymore right!? I see people do it ALL the time! 'It's not a big deal', I tell Jason. And guess what....IT'S NOT! It wasn't bad at all! Of course, my mom came along with us and she was a BIG help! That's the trick, I think...you have to have enough adults to out number the kids!
(Carson's first taste of sand...don't think she liked it too much..yuck!)
Jason and I decided to head to the beach this year....sun, sand and relaxation! Well the sun and sand were there, not much relaxing on the beach with 2 kids. Even without the relaxation, we still had a great time! Pierson LOVED it! He had so much fun in the water and in the sand! Little C actually loved it too! We thought it would be good to bring an inflatable pool down to the beach and she would just stay in the pool. You know, keep her corralled and in one spot! Well Miss Independent had something else in mind. She wanted in the ocean. It was fun to watch her ooooo and ahhh at the waves as they would come up and splash her chubby little feet!

Best part of vacation? THE FOOD! I love eating out! Mmmm and the seafood! I could eat it everyday! The secret with eating out every day with 2 kids? GO EARLY! That's right...you gotta eat with the BLUE HAIRS!! We would get to the restaurant at 5pm...No wait, no crowd, food comes out fast and done by 6! I'm telling you...with kids, that's the way to do it! (Also, it gives you much more time in the night for your food to digest and be hungry again for ice cream at 8!) Pretty smart,eh!?
Our condo was great! Very modern and up to date. Added bonus it was ON the beach! Yes we didn't have to cross the road with towels, kids, toys,pool etc! We were right there! We had so much fun! Now that I know the kids can handle the 11 HOUR road trip, I'm just kicking myself for waiting so long to do it! Road trip...anyone?

Jason and I decided to head to the beach this year....sun, sand and relaxation! Well the sun and sand were there, not much relaxing on the beach with 2 kids. Even without the relaxation, we still had a great time! Pierson LOVED it! He had so much fun in the water and in the sand! Little C actually loved it too! We thought it would be good to bring an inflatable pool down to the beach and she would just stay in the pool. You know, keep her corralled and in one spot! Well Miss Independent had something else in mind. She wanted in the ocean. It was fun to watch her ooooo and ahhh at the waves as they would come up and splash her chubby little feet!
Best part of vacation? THE FOOD! I love eating out! Mmmm and the seafood! I could eat it everyday! The secret with eating out every day with 2 kids? GO EARLY! That's right...you gotta eat with the BLUE HAIRS!! We would get to the restaurant at 5pm...No wait, no crowd, food comes out fast and done by 6! I'm telling you...with kids, that's the way to do it! (Also, it gives you much more time in the night for your food to digest and be hungry again for ice cream at 8!) Pretty smart,eh!?
Our condo was great! Very modern and up to date. Added bonus it was ON the beach! Yes we didn't have to cross the road with towels, kids, toys,pool etc! We were right there! We had so much fun! Now that I know the kids can handle the 11 HOUR road trip, I'm just kicking myself for waiting so long to do it! Road trip...anyone?
1 comment:
See Amy, I knew you could do it! It may not be total relaxation, but it's fun to introduce new things to the kiddos. Next year we will be heading to the beach with two kids!
Post a Comment